Few people realize that potassium humate, a substance that has been used for more than half a century, is also of organic origin. It is recommended to improve the soil, protect the plant and increase the immunity of crops.
Humates are rightfully universal tools for the garden. The scope of application is extensive: from the moment of processing the seed material to increasing productivity at the stage of maturation. The mechanism of action is also not very different: stimulation of metabolic and biochemical processes. Getting fertilizer from coal and peat. In some cases, from silt and certain types of soil.
The appearance of the fertilizer depends on the form:
· liquid – a natural substance obtained by processing peat;
· powder form - an artificially created drug.
There is not only potassium humate, but also sodium. Two different substances that are obtained by treating humic acids with an alkali.
Treatment of plants with these fertilizers is identical. Then there is the question of what is the difference between them. The differences are in getting the batteries. If you feed potassium humate, the culture will get potassium. This element is necessary for the full development and maturation of fruits. The fertilizer belongs to potash.
Potassium humate is one of the universal fertilizers. At the same time, it is effective and economical in use. If you compare it with other popular organics (manure, humus), in addition to positive effects on soil and plants, there are the following points:
· environmentally friendly product;
· easy to store;
· quick effect on culture;
· no need to wait for a long time, as in the case of humus;
· does not have a sharp unpleasant smell.
Liquid. Since the substance is obtained from peat, the color is dark brown. This form is the most popular. It is famous for its high efficiency and rapid impact on seeds and seedlings. Potassium humate is a concentrated liquid that is diluted in cold water before use. Bottles with the substance have instructions for dilution. Also, this form, unlike others, can be used together or in series with nitrogen-containing and organic feedings. Potassium humate is a universal organic product for application under plants. With its help, the gardener can start working with the land, planting material.
During the growing season, feed the crop until the harvest. Before the winter, it is also applicated so that the soil fills up with the lost stock of useful trace elements. You can use humate: during preparatory work with seeds and seedlings. Application takes place in liquid form, i.e., soaking is carried out; as top fertilizer; after transplanting seedlings for better adaptation, rooting; for processing plants in open and closed ground at all stages of growth; for spraying during flowering. But the concentration of the solution should be low (maximum 0.1 %); to improve the quality of organic nitrogen-containing fertilizers and soil reclamation.
Seedbed preparation. Potassium humate is often used as an immunomodulator. To do this, the seed material is soaked before planting in the ground. The procedure contributes to a percentage increase in germination of seeds, bulbs, and grains. Apply a liquid diluted concentrate. Soaking time from 8 hours to 24 hours.
Growing seedlings. To improve immunity, potassium humate is applied to seedlings. The fertilizer does not lose its properties, the effect is shown during the growing season.
When applying for seedlings, we get the following result:
· increased resistance to infections, fungi;
· resistance to pests;
· increased survival after transplanting into the open ground;
· stable condition with negative environmental impact.
Advantages and disadvantages. Clearly, the benefits of potassium humate cannot be exaggerated. The product has a stimulating effect for all types of garden / vegetable crops. Its purpose is to have a beneficial effect on the roots of the plant, to make it actively develop and strengthen.
· suitable for all crops;
· increases resistance to diseases, infections, pests;
· gives frost resistance, increases the shelf life of the crop;
· reduces the need for nitrates in fruits;
· increases the germination, acceleration of fruiting time;
· maturation in general is accelerated to 10-14 days;
· soil characteristics are improved;
· there is an accelerated recovery of trace elements;
· an environmentally friendly fertilizer.
There are only two nuances of negative aspects of the application.
· The first – you can not apply fertilizer if there is enough potassium in the soil. An overabundance of the element impairs the development of culture.
· The second – application requires strict compliance with dosages. No organic agent can have a beneficial effect on the earth and the plant in a concentrated form
How to prepare a working mixture. In 90 % of cases, potassium humate is recommended to dilute before usage. A liquid concentrated product is harmful instead of beneficial. Instructions from the manufacturer provide different dosages for dilution.
It depends on the type of culture, the need for the element, the state of the soil, the stage of development. If the solution is necessary for soaking the seeds, it is enough to stir 0.5 g in a liter of water. Processing times vary from 8 to 48 hours.
Watering/spraying also takes place according to different circumstances. For applying under the root, the ratio of substances is 1 tbsp to 10 l (potassium humate is stirred in water).
Spraying: less concentrated solution is required (3 g of fertilizer per 10-liter bucket).